Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 January 2012

A Word on My Review Style

So, I probably should have mentioned this in my last post, but it slipped my mind, and it's rather important. Not important enough to warrant me editing my last post to include it, but important enough that you should know. It has to do, (as the title of the post would suggest), with my review style.


First and foremost, I'm not going to be scoring anything. I'm not a 'patron of the arts' or anything like that, but I've taken both drama and creative writing classes before, and there's always something that gets lost in translation when you're forced to either a.) create something you know is going to be judged, or b.) forced to judge something someone else has created. I don't like reviewers giving games scores, I don't believe in giving games scores, so I'm not going to do it. Whether or not I enjoyed the game should come out fairly clear in my writing. If it doesn't, then I've failed in my attempt, and should probably be notified.


Secondly, I'm not going to have a regular schedule for reviews or anything like that. Basically, as I'm playing something new, I'll throw together a review. I'm not going to promise to put a certain amount out every week or month, because I just can't afford to buy new games all the time in order to meet a quota. So, for the time being, this blog is basically a case of 'you're getting the best I can give.'


That's all, I think. Onto my first review!

No comments:

Post a Comment